Link Aadhaar with PAN card online
Link Aadhaar to PAN card – Hi friends, We are again back with another helpful post. Linking Aadhar with PAN card is necessary now. For majority of people its mandatory. In this article you can learn how to link aadhaar with pan online.
Why linking Aadhaar with PAN
It has become a mandatory process to link your PAN with Aadhaar. This is an important process because this will allow your income tax returns to be processed. Linking of your PAN with Aadhaar is also required if you are carrying out banking transactions for amount of Rs.50,000 and above.
Last date to Link Aadhaar with PAN card
The last date to link the Aadhaar and Permanent Account Number (PAN) has been extended by the government until 31 March 2022. Earlier, the last date was 30 September 2021. The extension has been provided because of the difficulties that are being faced due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to give relief to taxpayers
The process to get your PAN linked with Aadhaar is very simple. We will have a look at some of the steps you can follow to link your PAN with Aadhaar.
Ways to Link Aadhaar with Pan card
Currently there are two ways
1. Services like income tax portal
2. Through SMS
How to Link Aadhaar with Pan card online through income tax portal
- First of all Open the Income Tax e-filing portal – https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal
- Then Register on it (if not already done). Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user id.
- After that Log in by entering the User ID, password and date of birth.
- A pop up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If not, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on Menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Details such as name date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the PAN details.
- Verify the PAN details on screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar. Pls. note that if there is a mismatch, you need to get the same corrected in either of the documents.
- If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click on the “link now” button.
- A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN
- You may also visit https://www.utiitsl.com/ OR https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link your PAN and Aadhaar.
To link PAN with Aadhaar by sending an SMS. You need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Type UIDPAN<12-digit Aadhaar><10-digit PAN> on your mobile
- Then Send it to 567678 or 56161
- Some of the benefits of linking your PAN with Aadhaar are:
- It removes the possibility of an individual having more than one PAN Card.
- Linking of Aadhaar with PAN allows the Income Tax Department to meticulously detect any form of tax evasion.
- The process of filing income returns become considerably easy as the individual is not required to provide any proof of him or her having filed their income tax returns.
- Linking of your Aadhaar with PAN will prevent the latter from getting cancelled.
- The linking of PAN with Aadhaar will help in having a summarized detail of one’s taxes attached to Aadhaar for future reference.
- Latest PayTM Cash Earning Tricks 2020
- Do you like to become author of Avjtrickz, Contact us on WhatsApp 9048385181 (Topics: free recharge tricks, loots, android tricks, refer and earn, tech news)